Saying Yes to 2020
The end of the decade is almost here. I find it kind of hard to accept that ten years have passed by as quickly as they have.
Personally, I like to spend this time in reflection. It is a time to look back and review where I have been, where I currently am, and where I am headed.
However, this isn’t just another new year. This marks the end of a true cycle for all of us. We are entering into a new opportunity, a new time to shine bright, and a new chance to step into a brand new reality. For me, 2020 is the year I am stepping into the reality of saying YES. I am saying YES to dreaming bigger, YES to connecting deeper within myself, and YES to creating the best version of me.
My daughter Cecilia said to me today, “Mom, as a world we are exiting our teens (19) and entering into our young adulthood (20s).”
How true is this?! And how amazing that I keep learning from my 11-year-old girl?
Cecilia is right. In numerology, the energetic year that we are stepping into is a year four. This means we are entering into a year of spirituality and will begin moving collectively into cultivating more of an inner connection to who we truly are.
It is my strong belief, as well as a core tenet in my teachings to others, that the practice of daily connection to your truth (the innermost part of you) will lead you powerfully into creating the best life and the best self you have ever dreamed possible.
The second part of this belief is that nothing happens without intention. So let us enter 2020 with an embrace of our inner truth and a dedication to acting with intent.
As the new year approaches, here are a few simple ways to reflect, let go, and begin saying YES to who you want to become in 2020.
Creation Ritual for 2020
1. Make time to walk in the woods, either alone or with a pet.
2. Upon entering the forest, stop. Close your eyes and feel the connection between your feet and the earth.
3. Breathe in through your nose and exhale out of your mouth three full times.
4. Begin to walk through the forest, observing and thanking everything that comes into your awareness. Thank the trees, the earth, the flowers, the animals, the birds, the fresh air... all of it.
5. Breathe in through your nose and breathe out through your mouth. Breathe with the intention to release, heal, forgive, or let go of anything that you need to leave behind in 2019. Give yourself time to move through this exercise.
6. When this exercise feels complete, begin to use the breath to cultivate your intentions for 2020. Smile as you breathe in the word YES. Say yes to new energy, new intentions, and new creations. Let the exhale wash away anything stuck in your field. Continue this exercise as long as you need too.
7. When you return home, journal about what came up for you in this experience. What are all the things you let go of and what are you stepping into? What are you saying YES to in 2020?